I scoured the earth searching out famous and not so famous adventure quotes. However, The outcomes: this curated list of inspirational adventure quotes with a purpose to inspire you to stand up off the sofa, strive new things, do outstanding matters and tour to see new places. However, Let them encourage you, allow them to pass you, allow them to touch your soul.
Unplanned Adventure Quotes
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-(American Poet, Lecturer, and Essayist, 1803-1882)
- “A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind”
-Eugene Ionesco-(French dramatist inspired a revolution in dramatic techniques, 1909-1994)-” A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short. “
- ” A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short. ”
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
-St. Augustine-(Bishop of Hippo, Latin-speaking philosopher and theologian who lived in the Roman Africa Province. B.430)
- “We love because it’s the only true adventure.”
–William Gladstone-(British Prime Minister and the most prominent man in politics of his time, 1809-1898)
- Read: Sad Quotes About Love That Make You Cry
- “Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.”
- -Winston Churchill–(British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)
- “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”
-William Feather-(American publisher & author b. 1889-1991)
- “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.”
-Wilfred Peterson-(American author who wrote for This Week magazine b. 1900-1995)
Shakespeare Adventure Quotes
- Wert thou as far As that vast shore washed with the farthest sea, I would adventure for such merchandise.
- The day shall not be up so soon as I,
To try the fair adventure of tomorrow.
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
- There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
- Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it is morrow.
- Check: Awesome Quotes About Losing Friends That Make You Cry
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
- Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.
- Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
- God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
- How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy.
Funny Adventure Quotes
- “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”
- “I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate.”
-Vincent van Gogh–(Dutch Painter, one of the greatest of the Post-Impressionists, 1853-1890)
- “…adventures don’t come calling like unexpected cousins calling from out of town. You have to go looking for them.”
- ” Life is a fatal adventure. It can only have one end. So why not make it as far-ranging and free as possible. ”
-Thornton Wilder-(American writer of innovative plays and novels, 1897-1975)
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, however, we would literally astound ourselves.”
–Thomas Alva Edison-(Most famous American Inventor who, singly or jointly, held a world record 1.093 patents.1847-1931)
- Read: Im Sorry Quotes Beautiful Collection For Your Loved Ones
- “The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes”
-Thomas Alva Edison-(Most famous American Inventor who, singly or jointly, held a world record 1.093 patents.1847-1931)
- “Security is a kind of death.”
-Tennessee Williams-(American playwright. 1911-1983)
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
-T.S Eliot-(American born English Editor, Playwright, Poet and Critic, 1888-1965)
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”
- “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life is meant to be.”
–Steve Pavlina–(American self-help author, motivational speaker, entrepreneur & blogger b. 1971-)
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
–Steve Jobs–(American Entrepreneur Apple co-Founder, 1955-2011)
Adventure Quotes Tumblr
- ” It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it were the only one we had. ”
- “Always remember, it’s simply not an adventure worth telling if there aren’t any dragons.”
-Sarah Ban Breathnach–(Best selling American author)
- “If we must lose wife or husband when we live to our highest right, we lose an unhappy marriage as well, and we gain ourselves. But if a marriage is born between two already self-discovered, however, what a lovely adventure begins, hurricanes and all.”
-Richard Bach-(American Writer, author of ‘Jonathan Livingston Seagull’, b.1936)
- “The adventure is over. Everything gets over, and nothing is ever enough. Except for the part you carry with you.”
–Rebecca West-(English Writer, 1892-1983)
- “Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul.”
- Check: Beautiful Collection of Love Quotes For Husband
- “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”
-Rabindranath Tagore-(Indian Poet, Playwright, and Essayist, Won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913, 1861-1941)
- “Nothing adventured, nothing attained”
- “The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible, and achieve it, generation after generation.”
-Pearl S. Buck–(American author, 1938 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1892-1973)
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
–Oprah Winfrey–(American television personality, Actress, and Producer, b.1954- )
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures, new directions to grow in, and new lessons to learn – which is what life is all about.”
- ” I doubt whether the world holds for anyone a more soul-stirring surprise than the first adventure with ice cream.”
Quotes About Adventure And Travel
- “Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And venture belongs to the adventurous.”
–Navjot Singh Sidhu–(Former Indian cricket star, a television commentator. b.. 1963)
- “Look, I really don’t want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you’re alive, you’ve got to flap your arms and legs, you’ve got to jump around a lot, you’ve got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of death.”
–Mel Brooks-(American Actor, Writer, Producer and Film Director. b.1926 )
- ” Everything a human being wants can be divided into four components: love, adventure, power, and fame. ”
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. However, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
-Mark Twain–(American Humorist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)
- Read: Hurt Quotes And Hurt Sayings Updated Collection
- ”I decided that adventure was the best way to learn.”
-Lloyd Alexander-(American writer b. 1924-2007)
- “As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.”
-Leonardo Di Vinci-(Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect and Engineer, inventor and genius. 1452-1519)
- “A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything.”
-Laurence Sterne-(Irish born English Writer, 1713-1768)
- ”Chance is the providence of adventurers.”
- ”Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing.”
- “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step”
- “I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen.”
-Laird Hamilton-(American Surfer)
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
–Katharine Hepburn–(American actress)
- “The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure.”
–Joseph Campbell-(American Author, Editor, Philosopher and Teacher, 1904-1987)
Unique Adventure Quotes
- ”Life is a dangerous adventure, says the American, and he is half right: life is dangerous, but it’s not an adventure.”
–José Bergamín–(Spanish Writer b. 1895-1983)
- ”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer… ”
–Jose Bergamin–(Spanish Writer b. 1895-1983)
- ”It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves, in finding themselves.”
-John Wayne–(American Actor who embodied the image of the strong, cowboy or soldier. 1907-1979)
- “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.”-John G. Shedd-
- “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. However, Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.”
-John Amatt-(American Professional speaker)
- The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive. ”
-Johan Wolfgang von Goethe-(German Playwright, Poet, Novelist and Dramatist. 1749-1832)
- Read This: Beautiful Collection of Cousin Quotes And Sayings
- “I like someone who embraces life; who wants to be on a long journey but has no particular plan or destination in mind. An adventurous man, open to the concept of living life at the moment.”-Jill Hennessy–(Canadian actress and musician knew for her television roles on Law & Order b. 1968-)
- ”Adventure: the pursuit of life.“-Jenny Radcliffe-
- “There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”-
Jawaharlal Nehru-(Indian Prime Minister. 1889-1964)
- “I have found adventure in flying, in world travel, in business, and even close at hand… Adventure is a state of mind – and spirit.”
-Jacqueline Cochran-(Pioneer American aviator, considered to be one of the most gifted racing pilots of her generation 1906-1980)
Craving Adventure Quotes
- ” We live in a world full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. “-Irving Wallace-(American screenwriter and best selling author b. 1916-1990)
- “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
-J. K. Rowling-(English Writer, author of Harry Potter, b.1965- )
- “Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty”
-Jacob Bronowski-Polish-(Jewish British mathematician, biologist, historian of science, theatre author, poet and inventor b. 1908-1974)
- “New discoveries in science will continue to create a thousand new frontiers for those who still would adventure”
-Herbert Hoover-(American President, 1874-1964)
- ”Adventure, without it, why live?”
-Hortense Odlum–(American, 1st female president of Bonwit Teller department store in NY city. B.1881- 1970)
- Check:Happy Blessed Sunday Quotes Collection With Images
- “We are all functioning at a small fraction of our capacity to live life fully in its total meaning of loving, caring, creating, and adventuring. Consequently, the actualizing of our potential can become the most exciting adventure of our lifetime.”
-Herbert A. Otto-(American Author, leader of the human potential movement)
- “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.”
-Henry David Thoreau–(American Essayist, Poet, and Philosopher, 1817-1862)
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
- ”We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character.”
- ”It is always the adventurers who do great things, not the sovereigns of great empires.”
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
-Helen Keller-(American Author and Educator who was blind and deaf. 1880-196
- ”Gullibility is the key to all adventures. The greenhorn is the ultimate victor in everything; it is he who gets the most out of life.”