1. Sophie Turner
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) adopted ‘Zunni’ (dire wolf) after filming ended for Season 1 of GoT
2. Game of Thrones has a $6 million budget per episode
3. A Song of Ice and Fire author, George R. R. Martin sent actor Jack Gleeson (Joffrey ) a letter saying “Congratulations on your marvellous performance, everyone hates you.”
4. Oona Chaplin (Talisa) is Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter.
5. Some parts of Season 1-4 were filmed in the same studio the Titanic was built in, not the movie, but the actual RMS Titanic.
6. Dire Wolves
In season 1 of Game of Thrones, the dire wolves were played by a relatively new breed of dogs known as the Northern Inuit Dog.
7. Author George R. R. Martin told producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss the major plot lines (including the main ending) of the story in case he dies before completing the remaining novels.
8. HBO may reveal the ending to the Game of Thrones series before the last book comes out due to scheduling commitments.
9. Actor Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) was given top billing in season 2 after winning an Emmy and a Golden Globe
10. Wilko Johnson, British music legend and the actor who plays the mute executioner Ilyn Payne has pancreatic cancer and was given 9-10 months to live in January 2013.
11. Pirated TV show: Game of Thrones was the most pirated TV show of 2012.
12. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) does not know her birthday or her age.
13. The torture scene with the rat in the heated pot in Game of Thrones was an actual method of torture that was used during the Red Terror.
14. Singer Lily Allen wrote a song about her little brother being a loser for smoking weed, watching p*rn, and not getting his act together. He now has a successful acting career playing Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen) on Game of Thrones.
15. Arya is the fastest rising baby name given to girls in the USA, most likely due to Game of Thrones.
16. Harry Lloyd ancestry
Harry Lloyd, who played Viserys Targaryen is the great-great-great grandson of English writer Charles Dickens.
17. Kristian Nairn (Hodor in GoT) is a successful DJ, who performed with Scissor Sisters and Calvin Harris and is also a World of Warcraft enthusiast
18. The world’s largest film studio is located in Morocco consisting mostly of deserts and mountains. It was used for some Game of Thrones episode, The Mummy, Gladiator, etc. It has also become a popular tourist resort due to the sets remaining from old movie productions.
19. Bethesda Softworks was approached to make a Game of Thrones RPG, but they turned it down to make Skyrim
20. There is an unaired pilot of Game of Thrones that will probably never see the light of day.
21. Sibel Kekilli
Sibel Kekilli who plays Shae in GoT used to be a hot star and went by the stage name Dilara
22. According to the marketing director of SBS, Game of Thrones has the highest fan engagement rate of any TV series.
23. The Iron Throne used in the series is sharp and jagged, cutting those who sit on it. In the book, Aegon had it made this way deliberately saying that a king should never sit easy
24. In order to make Game of thrones, HBO hired an expert linguist to make the Dothraki language consisting of 1800 words.
25. A feud between two English Noble Houses in the 1450s sparked the War of the Roses and provided inspiration for George RR Martin’s, A Song of Ice and Fire.